My client is a real disrupter within the Building Management Systems industry. They have a unique AI software product that they describe as being to BMS what Tesla is to the motoring industry. While the BMS space hasn’t really changed in the last 20 years, this AI product adds predictive behaviour to a standard pre-existing BMS. This makes for happier clients as they will experience improved comfort levels while also dramatically cutting the energy consumption of a buildings HVAC systems. This reduces costs, carbon emissions and help to save the planet as well.
In short, this is a game changer in the evolution of green and smart buildings and you have a great chance to join the fight against climate change.
Please note, this role can be based out of the Dublin, or as remote working is on offer, if you’re from Northern Ireland and are willing to travel to Dublin a couple of times a week, you should read on.
The company is driven by their customers’ needs and they are constantly pushing the boundaries of software, wireless networking, IoT, & Energy Solutions to make their customers’ buildings smarter & improve user experience. They are a customer driven start-up with innovation at our core where team members can grow and have fun.
As part of this company’s core service, they operate a 24/7 monitoring centre, based in Dublin. The Monitoring Centre monitors & manages building energy performance across the world; and this exciting start-up is now expanding and require NOC engineers to join the team.
Your role is to assure that they’re a smooth operator. It can happen that problems may arise from time to time, and when there is, you will be the one to alert the teams. You will need to keep careful watch of the buildings. When the alert comes in you will know who to contact and recommend how to solve it!
If you’re a customer driven, hands-on, tech savvy, NOC Technician/Engineer and enjoy working on your own initiative whilst having fun then this role is for you.
What you will do;
- Using system monitoring, you will troubleshoot flagged customer issues concerning HVAC systems, Smart Building Solutions & control algorithms as well as networks.
- Collaborate with various departments to remotely solve communication issues as they arise on customer sites.
- Suggest preventative maintenance measures.
- Contribute to maintaining quality control for building and algorithms.
- Modify established standards, devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new manners, and draw conclusions for comparative situations.
- Using AI to understand the behaviour of the building.
- Experience working in a fast paced NOC adhering to strict SLAs.
- Experience with building automation and HVAC control system design
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical and building operation.
- Knowledge of WiFi solutions and networking deployments.
- Good understanding of building control theory and concepts
- Ability to prioritise and problem-solve quickly
- Knowledge/Experience working with Linux/SSH/Shel commands.
- Excellent communication skills on phone, email and zoom.
- Nice to have : Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or computer engineering, or technical degree in related field.
- Nice to have : Knowledge of programming (Python, Matlab, C) and Linux experience an asset.
- Nice to have : Knowledge of Building Automation control networks like BACnet, LonWorks, Modbus, is an asset
In return you’ll get;
- An opportunity to make a significant impact on the world - join the fight against climate change.
- To be part of a revolutionary technology movement.
- To become an AI coach.
- To collaborate with innovative, out-of-the-box thinkers in a fast-paced environment.
- Opportunity to work from home.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A salary and growth opportunities based on your experience.
- All the tools & training required to get the job done.
- On-going professional training.
- Laptop, Phone, Sim, tech toys as required.
This role involves shift work as the Monitoring Centre operates on a 24/7 basis.
Salary £25,000 - £35,000 dependant on experience.
If this sounds like your next career move, hit apply and we’ll be in touch shortly.