We're looking for a Local Environmental Quality Manager to work for our client.
Happy Jobs NI is working alongside Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful to recruit a knowledgeable, passionate and motivated Local Environmental Quality Manager for their growing team.
Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful are an independent charity dedicated to creating a cleaner, greener and more sustainable Northern Ireland by delivering on improving environmental education in every school in Northern Ireland, increasing public engagement for communities in need and raising environmental standards for the places where people spend time: where they live, work and relax.
The Local Environmental Quality Manager will play a key role within the organisation, leading the Local Environmental Quality team throughout all of its internal and external activities.
If you can demonstrate both knowledge and passion for local environmental matters and have a desire to drive forward education within this sector then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
Please note: Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful offer a remote/hybrid working arrangement on a 4-day working week basis. This role is a full-time permanent position subject to ongoing funding.
The Local Environmental Quality Manager will work to develop both the LEQ agenda and the certifications portfolio across Northern Ireland. The post holder will be expected to work towards positive pro-environmental behavioural change by coordinating research, certifications, surveys and benchmarking.
Dissemination of best practice and setting the policy agenda, derived from the research results, will be delivered through training, forums, publications and other communication channels.
The post holder will be expected to develop relationships with relevant stakeholders including central government, local councils and other landowners to build the quality and reputation of the programmes across Northern Ireland. Generating income from a variety of sources is a requirement of this role.
The post holder will be responsible for fulfilling the role of internal environmental auditor for the organisation.
- Management of the LEQ Department activities and manage staff/interns/volunteers within the sphere of responsibility.
- Manage and support the LEQ network of contacts, building strong relationships based on Keep NI Beautiful’s values and by providing thought leadership and a robust record of achievement.
- Tightly manage departmental and project budgets
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, including funders, to build the quality and reputation of programmes across Northern Ireland
- Respond to all relevant technical/media enquiries.
- Prepare and disseminate reports and other information to strict deadlines, using appropriate communications channels.
- Input data using spread sheets and electronic systems as appropriate, at all times ensuring the accuracy of the information.
- Maintain relevant websites and contribute to social media content, maximising publicity for the programmes.
- Represent Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful on relevant groups, committees and conferences.
- Support and contribute creatively to the agenda for the NIEQF Enforcement Officers sub-group and ensure follow-up actions are addressed.
- Undertake policy analysis, briefings and consultations as appropriate.
- Review delivery of interventions and support the Chief Executive in setting the policy direction based on research findings.
- Develop surveys that will monitor the success of anti-litter campaigns.
- Coordinate delivery of the various surveys and certification programmes
- A relevant degree or 3+ years' demonstrable relevant experience
- A high level of IT competence including hands on experience using Microsoft Excel
- 1 years experience of surveying, auditing or data gathering to include data interrogation and presentation of findings
- Further experience within a supervisory role
- Hands on experience of successful programme delivery
- A solid knowledge and understanding of local environmental matters and ideally an understanding of how to effect pro-environmental change
- Ideally have experience using content management software
- Ideally have an understanding of the Business Development process
- Ability to travel to fulfil the duties of the role
- Basic salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
- Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful operates a blended working policy allowing some flexibility to work between home and an office in Belfast
- IT equipment and support is provided for all staff to enable them to be efficient and effective in their work
Think that this Local Environmental Quality Manager is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
The closing date for this role is 1pm Friday 17th March.
Please note: All applications will be processed upon there receipt and not after the closing date therefore we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. If you are interested in the position, we strongly advise submitting your application as early as possible. If you would like to confirm the current application status prior to applying for the role please contact Happy Jobs NI directly at email@example.com or on 02890995808
----You could be right for this Local Environmental Quality Manager position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Project Manager, Environmental Officer or as a Biodiversity Researcher.