HappyJobsNI are delighted to be working alongside a well established, not-for-profit organisation in their search for a Social Enterprise Lead to join the team!
Bolster Community is a practical, hands-on charity based in Newry that works alongside individuals, families and communities to help them get through and get ahead. They have grown from a small campaigning organisation to a key third sector agency providing support, training and leadership on community development, resilience and well-being.
Since 2004, they've had the privilege of helping countless individuals reach their full potential. From early years right through to later years, they support and strengthen people facing life’s tough challenges.
If you can demonstrate experience of managing and delivering successful business development and income generation functions in a varied business environment then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
Please note: This role is a part-time permanent position that includes a flexible 25-hour working week and opportunity to work from home.
The successful candidate will become a key part of the senior management team to develop, manage and deliver a successful income generation and social enterprise function to support the organisation. The postholder will manage staff and volunteers to achieve excellence in the organisation's social enterprise and training function.
- Maximise revenue for the organisation through strategic and operational relationship management
- Responsible for the implementation of business development strategies to attract income and support sustainability
- Lead on the management and delivery of existing social enterprise opportunities, constantly focusing on business efficiency and improvement options
- Lead on all aspects of business development and relationship management, maintaining and building relations with the Education Authority, Schools, Trusts, 3rd Sector Organisations, staff, colleagues, corporate partners and new clients
- Liaise with training and social enterprise staff team, to oversee the coordination of annual calendars of events, training schedules, market and retail sales opportunities
- Horizon scanning and dissemination of same in reports to colleagues and stakeholders
- Maintaining up to date data records and analysis on sales, pipeline, costs, and budgets
- Qualification in Business Development, HR or Finance or similar qualification to 3rd level education standard
- 3+ years’ experience within a similar role, with proven track record of leading on Business Development and Income Generation in a multi-dimensional business environment
- Experience of developing, implementing and managing income generation strategies, across a range of digital and in person platforms
- Experience of securing business through a range of mediums including tender preparation and business bid proposals
- Experience of promoting, coordinating and scheduling people products and resources to achieve project deliverables and profit
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage internal and external stakeholders to maximise sales and income generation
- Proficient in the use of the full Microsoft Office Package with a particular emphasis on PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Canva
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build rapport, express yourself concisely and appropriately
- Strong problem-solving ability and creativity
- The capacity to work under pressure
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead, motivate and inspire excellent performance from colleagues
- Basic salary: Up to £35,000 pro-rata
- This role offers a flexible working week on a 25-hour basis.
- Hybrid working available
- Company Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement + 11 statutory days
- Health Care: Foresight
- Health Cash Plan
Think that this Social Enterprise Lead role is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Social Enterprise Lead position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Senior HR Advisor, Business Development Consultant or as an Enterprise Sales Executive.