HappyJobsNI have been exclusively retained by Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful to appoint a Communications Officer to join their team.
Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful seeks to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic Communications Officer. The post holder will work with the Communications Manager to deliver specific programme communications and will help to coordinate internal/external communications across the organisation.
- Contribute creatively and directly support the Communications Manager in the development of the organisation’s Communication Strategy
- Produce reports, information publications, simple digital content, templates and press releases as required across suite of environmental programmes, disseminating information via appropriate communications channels as required.
- Contribute to website/social media content and monitoring, maximising publicity for the programmes.
- Assist relevant Departmental/Strategic leads with event preparation and associated communications/promotion.
- Ensure relevant stakeholders/funders are informed of relevant communications and events.
- Ensure organisational compliance with brand guidelines.
- Organise photography/videography as required.
- Respond to all relevant communications enquiries and be responsive to current news opportunities
- Represent Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful as required
- Meet all contractual obligations on time and within budget.
- Assist with information collation to further internal communications.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained and provide timely and accurate reports on all communications activities
- Cover all general office duties.
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline but preferably in communications, digital communications, or marketing or two years demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Excellent level of English language and proof-reading skills.
- Strong interpersonal/communications skills with proven ability to produce effective content for different audiences across a range of media.
- One years’ experience of using a content management system, updating websites, and digital/social media communications.
- Full current driving licence or access to a suitable means of transport to deliver the role.
- Know-how for data gathering, interrogation and presentation in a range of formats for presentation to a range of audiences.
- A high level of integrity, discretion, and common sense alongside energy and drive to meet and exceed expectations.
- Has creative ideas.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Experience of developing and implementing a communications strategy in the third sector.
- Event Management/Support Experience.
- Familiarity with range of software packages and tools: MS Office (Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint), Canva, simple video editing tools.
- Knowledge of environmental matters.
- Knowledge of campaign development and delivery
Whilst some attendance at the office will be essential, the person appointed will be able to work flexibly, from an office in Belfast and from home. You will work closely with the CEO and other Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful staff.
IT support and hardware is provided for all staff to enable them to be efficient and effective in their work.
Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful operates a 37.5 hour week, office hours being broadly 9am to 5pm. Your normal days of work will be Monday to Friday but some flexibility is required to ensure the effective delivery of the role, which may require working different days/times from time to time.
This is an important role in a small organisation and on occasion, you will be required to work outside of your normal working hours.
Fixed Term until March 2022 (possible extension, subject to funding)
Home Working Package
24hr Employee Assistance Programme