HappyJobsNI are delighted to be exclusively supporting YMCA Dublin in the appointment of a qualified and experienced Finance Director (FD). The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a Charity and will be able to bring excellent systems and analytical skills to join the team at an exciting time of change and growth.
This is an important time to be joining YMCA Dublin, who are embarking on an ambitious strategic plan to grow the organisation and increase the impact across all the areas of the Charity.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills experience and enthusiasm to support the organisation in meeting these objectives and are able to lead, inspire and motivate a team, we would welcome your application.
YMCA Dublin has been working with young people in Dublin City for over 170 years they run programmes in youth work, education, family support, community childcare and community employment. To support the services, they run two social enterprises – YMCA Gyms and YMCA Childcare in Aungier Street.
The strategic plan (2019-2024) states the goal of establishing 3 new community Hubs during that period. These will be purpose-built facilities offering a wide range of community activities and facilities, including high quality childcare.
- Provide strategic direction, analysis and support to systems for financial accounting, risk management, purchasing, record keeping, reporting and compliance.
- Provide strategic direction and analysis for all financing requirements; including leasing, banking, and other relationships to ensure the association is properly financed.
- Develop reliable operating pro-formas, financial modelling and analysis to identify opportunities and risks associated with projects, ventures, and programs.
- Contribute to preparation of business cases to secure corporate sponsorships
- Manage cash flow and forecasting by working with others to develop a cash flow projection process and reporting mechanisms that include minimum cash thresholds to meet operating needs.
- Responsible for annual and longer term strategic budgets and reviews
- Present quarterly management accounts to the Finance Committee and to the Board
- Negotiate and/or oversee vendor agreements, bids, contracts and services to ensure optimum service and pricing for the Association.
- Oversee annual Audit process, leading on process with Auditors
- Oversee all annual statutory returns to Funders
- Prepare annual finance timetable, ensure month end timetable is adhered to and oversee to ensure timely closing of general/sub ledgers.
- Ensure an appropriate financial control framework is in place to include rigorous balance sheet and cash reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that financial authorisations and payments comply with Authority Limits Policy
- Maintain and update the Risk Registrar on a quarterly basis /share with the Finance Committee.
- Oversee compliance with all service level agreements.
- At least 5 years of broad finance experience
- Ability to evaluate complex financial information resulting in actionable recommendations to senior leadership.
- Knowledge of FRS 102 SORP and experience in not-for -profit sector (desirable).
- Experience managing additional corporate functions beyond Finance, such as risk, information systems/technology, HR.
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Well organised, disciplined and outcome driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong team player
- A good working knowledge of Quickbooks and Google Drive
- A good working knowledge of Charitable governance code
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package includes childcare and gym membership
- Flexible home working