We're looking for a talented Senior Tester to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience in a hands on technical role within the Software development and Testing lifecycle.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
In the Senior Tester role you'll be primarily responsible for ensuring our clients next generation elections management platform performs at scale.
You'll report to the Head of Development and will predominantly be working from home however will be required to work on request and sometimes at short notice in the company's Derry / Londonderry office.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Designing test scripts for enterprise applications based on requirements
- Participating in performance bottleneck analysis and fixes
- Performing performance engineering & performance improvement activities
- Communicating progress and issues through regular status reports
- Collaborating with business/ application teams to improve system performance
- Managing the current in role Tester and subsequent Junior Testers
The ideal candidate for this Senior Tester role will have experience in a hands on technical role within the Software development and Testing lifecycle.
You'll also need experience of:
- Test planning, test estimation, test strategy, design, test cases design, test environment setup, test data setup, defect management & configuration management
- Publishing results and receiving appropriate signoff. Preparing detail status reports, and monitoring of all defects and issues
- Performance testing tools suitable for testing cloud infrastructure (desirable)
Be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Strong problem solving skills and very good time management skills
• Ambitious and energetic with strong motivation to make a difference
• Sound commercial awareness
• Ability to up level and communicate to the broader internal teams in order to influence development
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Committed to building high quality, scalable platforms
• An excellent communicator, who can articulate their ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ready to challenge the status quo with innovative approaches and ideas
In addition, you'll need a 3rd level qualification with ideally a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in IT testing.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
An excellent salary is on offer for the Senior Tester position.
You can also earn a discretionary bonus to recognise exceptional company performance and the role that an individual team member played in delivering
that exceptional performance.
You'll also get the following benefits with the role:
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Eye care scheme
- Open holiday policy
Full details of the package on offer will be revealed once we receive your application.
The business you'll be working for is is an award-winning leader in the delivery of elections software and services to local government in the UK.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Offer an unrivalled benefits package
- Are a long-established and well-respected name within their field
- Put people at the heart of the companies success and have become known for the quality of work that their team delivers
Interested? If you think you're right for this Senior Tester role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.