We're looking for a Community Education Officer to work for our client.
Happy Jobs NI is working alongside Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful to recruit an organised, passionate and driven Community Education Officer to join this passionate team at a time of exciting growth.
They are an independent charity dedicated to creating a cleaner, greener and more sustainable Northern Ireland by delivering on improving environmental education in every school in Northern Ireland, increasing public engagement for communities in need and raising environmental standards for the places where people spend time: where they live, work and relax. This Field Officer role is key to Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful’s strategic plan 2020-2025.
If you can demonstrate experience of delivering programmes to local communities groups then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
Due to an expansion in the Community Education Officer team, Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful have multiple opportunities in various locations across Northern Ireland.
The role has been specifically developed to be ‘on the ground’ supporting communities across Northern Ireland which will involve workshops, training and programme delivery into settings, such as, schools, youth and community groups, and will involve undertaking environmental assessments and surveys.
- Promoting, developing engagement with, and providing support to a range of stakeholders on various programmes and areas of work
- Delivering and assisting in the development of workshops and resources
- Working to departmental timelines, budgets and reporting requirements
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained and completing assessments as required
- Maintaining accurate and thorough records of all work undertaken for reporting requirements
- Successfully completing all training required to deliver surveys and assessments
- Degree in any discipline or three years relevant experience
- Hands-on experience of programme delivery
- Further experience of data gathering and reporting
- Ideal knowledge of conservation and biodiversity
- Ideal experience of environmental surveys
- Full driving license
- Able to be flexible, innovative and a keen problem solver
- Basic salary: Up to £23,000 per annum
- Hybrid working environment (remote and field-based)
Think that this Community Education Officer role is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Community Education Officer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Education Officer, Workshop Trainer or as a Programme Co-Ordinator.