***Required: A new Health and Safety Officer to work for my client***
If you've got at least 2 years demonstrable experience of managing Health and Safety systems then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Interested? Then read on...
Tell me more about the role...
You will be primarily responsible for co-ordinating, supporting and advising the business on all aspects with regards to health and safety. As part of the role you will be expected to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with health and safety among staff and on-site are adhered to.
Based in the company's Belfast office, you'll be tasked with the following:
- Taking control, managing and Co-Ordinating all aspects of health & safety for the company
- Maintaining and improving the companies 3rd party H&S accreditations
- Ensuring on a day to day basis H&S is up to date and in use across all staff and sites
- Ensuring the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and new and upcoming projects
- Establishing a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks
- Conducting on-site visits to complete project risk assessments and ensure health and safety compliance on new & existing project sites
What experience do I need?
My client wants someone who's got experience of at least 2 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
They'll also need you to have experience of:
- Formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Creating risk assessments and ensuring compliance amongst staff and on-site
- Handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of delivering H&S training would be highly advantageous for the role
- Experience in asbestos management and regulations would be highly advantageous for the role
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following:
- NEBOSH qualification/member of professional body
- Knowledge and experience of gaining and improving 3rd party H&S accreditations
- Outstanding organisation skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and be comfortable liaising with and reporting to senior management within the business
- Comfortable using Microsoft (Office 365) packages
You'll also need to be the following:
- Able to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements across the business
- Able to conduct site visits and assessments in person when required
- Comfortable gathering, analysing and reporting on key H&S data/statistic
If you've got all of that, then you could be perfect for this Health and Safety Officer role and we'd love to see your CV.
Please note: It's essential that you have a full driving licence to be considered for this position. Please do not apply if you do not have one.
What can I earn?
This Health and Safety Officer position offers a basic salary between £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
You'll also get the additional benefit of private healthcare with the role.
Tell me a bit about the hiring company...
The business you'll be working for is over the last 25 years our client has established themselves as a market leader within wireless network design & installation across the UK & Ireland. Due to several large scale projects and an exciting period of continued growth they have now created a dedicated Health & Safety Officer role to manage all aspects of H&S across the business and upcoming client projects moving forward. This is a really exciting opportunity to work with a modern forward-thinking organisation, that are looking to invest in ensuring H&S is at the core of all work and projects that they carry out.
Think you've got what it takes?
If you think you're the perfect fit for this Health and Safety Officer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Health and Safety Officer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: H&S Officer, Health & Safety Advisor, Health & Safety Manager or as a HSE Officer.