We're looking for a Finance & Administrative Assistant to work for our client.
Happy Jobs NI is working alongside Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful to recruit an organised, passionate and motivated Finance & Administrative Assistant to join this passionate team at a time of exciting growth
They are an independent charity dedicated to creating a cleaner, greener and more sustainable Northern Ireland by delivering on improving environmental education in every school in Northern Ireland, increasing public engagement for communities in need and raising environmental standards for the places where people spend time: where they live, work and relax.
If you can demonstrate experience within a similar, supporting both the financial and the administrative function of an organisation then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
Please Note: This a full time temporary position until March 2023, possible extension, subject to funding.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will support members of the Finance and Administrative team on matters related to financial operations and general administrative duties. The role will act as a support function under the direction of the Finance and Administrative Manager; the Finance & Administrative Assistant will play an important role in supporting the organisation remain high performing and deliver on their broader goals
- Assist with the organisation’s financial operations, ensuring that accurate information is provided to support and inform financial decision making processes.
- Assist with the production of all necessary reports and information, including monthly management accounts, cash flow figures with comparison to budgets and explanation of variances, requirements for auditors and for annual accounts.
- Assist with the processing of all income and expenditure, journals and accruals using SAGE accounting software.
- Assist with salary claims and issuing salary payments to staff.
- Manage a number of cost centres applying financial controls to ensure actual expenditure is in line with agreed project budgets.
- Liaise regularly with project budget holders to assist their financial control.
- Ensure amounts payable for goods and services are paid in accordance with current policy.
- Prepare regular and occasional claims for funding bodies across the spectrum of central and local government, sponsors and trust/grant awarding organisations ensuring compliance with relevant procedures and timescales.
- Assist in managing financial processes for grant giving, most notably the Live Here Love Here Grants programmes.
- Assist with general administrative duties for the team.
- Process occasional telephone enquiries.
- Maintain electronic leave records, including calculation of leave due and holiday pay
- Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required.
- GCSE (Grades A - C, or equivalent, in Maths and English)
- An Accounting Technician qualification or equivalent would be desirable
- One years' experience within a similar role with hands on knowledge of:
- Accounting software
- Prep financial information and reports
- Processing journals and accruals
- Processing income and expenditure
- A high level of IT competence including the use of Excel
- Able to be flexible, innovative and a keen problem solver
- Energetic, driven and a confident communicator
- Basic salary: Up to £22,000 per annum
- Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful operates a blended working policy allowing some flexibility to work between home and an office in Belfast
- IT equipment and support is provided for all staff to enable them to be efficient and effective in their work
- Temporary post until end of March 2023 - extension subject to funding
Think that this Finance & Administrative Assistant role is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Finance & Administrative Assistant position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Finance Officer, Accounts Assistant or as an Accounts Clerk.