We're looking for a Head of Finance to work for our client.
Happy Jobs NI is working alongside Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful to recruit a professional, passionate and motivated Head of Finance for their growing team.
Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful are an independent charity dedicated to creating a cleaner, greener and more sustainable Northern Ireland by delivering on improving environmental education in every school in Northern Ireland, increasing public engagement for communities in need and raising environmental standards for the places where people spend time: where they live, work and relax.
The Head of Finance will play an important role in managing the organisation ensuring it remains high performing and delivers on broader organisational goals
If you can demonstrate experience of managing the day-to-day financial operations and general administration of an organisation then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
Please note: Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful offer a remote/hybrid working arrangement on a 4-day working week basis. This role is a full-time permanent position subject to ongoing funding.
The Head of Finance will manage all matters related to financial operations of the organisation, administrative duties, and managing the members of the finance team.
- Manage the organisation’s financial operations, ensuring that accurate information is provided to support and inform the financial decision making processes at Senior Management level
- Prepare yearly budgeting for the organisation
- Manage the month end and year end processes preparing any requirements for auditors and for annual accounts
- Support the Head of Business Development on preparing budgets for funding applications
- Support the Board, its sub committees and the CEO in preparing necessary information to assist strategic decision making and governance requirements
- Process all income and oversee the processing of all expenditure, journals and accruals/prepayments using SAGE accounting software
- Process pension payments ensuring monthly reconciliations
- Ensure amounts payable for goods and services are paid in accordance with current policy
- Accounting Technician qualification or three years equivalent experience running the finance functions of an organisation
- Two years’ experience using an accounting software package, preferably SAGE Accounts 50
- Previous experience of assisting in preparation of financial information
- Strong working knowledge of processing income, expenditure, journals and accruals
- Strong staff management skills, preferably 2 years experience in managing a wider team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office Suite including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant field would be desirable
- Can perform duties unassisted, accurately, under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Ability to be agile and support others
- Basic salary: £40,500 per annum
- Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful operates a blended working policy allowing some flexibility to work between home and an office in Belfast
- IT equipment and support is provided for all staff to enable them to be efficient and effective in their work
Think that this Head of Finance role is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Head of Finance position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Financial Accounting Manager, Senior Finance Analyst or as a Finance And Administration Manager.