We are seeking a Business Development Manager to work for our client.
HappyJobsNI are delighted to be working alongside a proven and well-established charitable organisation in Northern Ireland as they seek to recruit a dynamic and professional Business Development Manager to join their fantastic team at this exciting time of growth.
If you can demonstrate previous experience of successfully managing business development operations across any industry or sector then you might be perfect for our client and we would love to see your CV!
Reporting to: Director of Operations and Development
Location: Newry, with regular travel across NI
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (starting salary subject to experience)
Leave: 23 days annual leave plus 9 public holidays
Duration: Permanent (six-month probationary period)
As a Business Development Manager, you will collaborate closely with the Director of Operations and Development and the CEO to cultivate new business opportunities and funding streams, all while furthering the organisation’s charitable mission.
You must be organised, flexible and able to work both independently and proactively. Attention to detail and clear communication with internal and external stakeholders is key.
- Maximising income from existing commercial streams (charity shops, e-commerce, pet grooming, pet supplies, and veterinary services).
- Identifying enhancements to existing commercial activities to optimise both income and quality.
- Spearheading the development of novel commercial business services.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to position the organisation for growth.
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for service expansion through new funding streams and partnerships.
- Leading the preparation and implementation of business proposals.
- Coordinating the execution of new projects and assisting in monitoring and reporting.
- Representing the charity at various events and public engagements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in Business related field or equivalent
- GCSEs in English & Maths at grade C or above.
- 3 years experience of leading and implementing successful business growth and expansion as well as leading and managing staff.
- Working knowledge and strong understanding of setting income targets.
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office software packages.
- Willing to travel throughout Northern Ireland.
- Have proven experience of developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Results-driven mindset.
- Creative thinking and adaptability.
- Confidence and adaptability to change.
- Possession of a full Clean Driving License and access to a means of transport.
You may also be of interest to our client if you are currently working in one of the following roles: Operations Support Manager, Business Operations Manager, Business Manager, Fundraising Manager,
If you are a seeking a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. To express your interest and learn more about this exciting opportunity, please submit your updated CV outlining your relevant experience and achievements either by applying online or sending your CV to email@example.com alternatively call our team on 028 9099 5808 and we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have on the position.