HappyJobsNI are delighted to be partnered with one of Northern Ireland’s leading charities GLOW NI in the search for a dynamic and proactive Events and Marketing Officer to join their team.
Established in 2011, GLOW NI is a cross-community organisation dedicated to empowering and building self-esteem in women and young girls in Northern Ireland's most deprived communities. They curate and develop programs that foster life skills, mental health, and well-being, with a focus on inter-generational initiatives to boost self-esteem and confidence.
As a female led organisation in Northern Ireland, GLOW NI work to provide support for women and young girls in the most deprived areas and to create life opportunities for them.
If you can demonstrate experience of delivering engaging social media content and at least one year experience working within a marketing role, then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
Please note: This role is for full-time, permanent employment, funding is in place for one year however this will be an on-going role subject to funding.
Overview of Role
The Events and Marketing Officer will assist in enhancing the reputation and sustainability of GLOW through the delivery of marketing, fundraising events, PR and social media campaigns, ensuring the organisation is working towards achieving goals. Working closely with colleagues from across the organisation and external stakeholders, the Events and Marketing Officer will support the external communications of the charity, helping to extend the reach of the charity and impacting on the lives of women and girls.
Marketing and Communications:
- Develop and execute a SMART marketing and communications strategy for GLOW.
- Enhance the GLOW brand.
- Manage day-to-day social media operations across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Monitor digital performance with analytics and conduct quarterly social media audits.
- Maintain and update website content.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns.
- Design and send email marketing newsletters and manage contact databases.
- Stay updated on digital trends and technologies.
- Lead internal marketing meetings and provide regular progress updates.
- Develop marketing materials and oversee graphic design.
- Support production of publications and reports.
- Represent GLOW at relevant events, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ensure GDPR compliance and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead planning, organization, and execution of GLOW events, including project, fundraising, corporate, and special events.
- Coordinate speakers, guests, venues, and suppliers.
- Conduct risk assessments in line with health and safety regulations.
- Manage internal staffing schedules, including volunteer recruitment and management.
- Assist the Finance Officer in event budget planning and monitoring.
- Engage in prompt and comprehensive communication within the staff team.
- Develop sustainable annual events.
- Provide research for marketing and communication purposes, presentations, award submissions, and editorials.
- Offer timely support to other departments.
- Actively contribute to staff meetings to maintain a harmonious working environment.
- Procure and manage branded promotional materials and merchandise.
- Maintain publications and image databases.
- Support the Office Manager in reporting departmental KPIs.
- Assist in writing and reviewing PR, marketing, and communication ISO procedures.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 1 year of relevant marketing experience OR 3 years of relevant experience in a marketing role without a relevant degree.
- Proficiency in digital marketing and utilizing social media platforms to support business objectives.
- Familiarity with email marketing applications (e.g., MailChimp).
- Track record of generating high-quality content for online and offline use.
- Experience with web content management systems for creating and publishing web content.
- Successful history of developing and growing audiences and engagement on digital and social media platforms.
- Experience in producing publications and reports.
- Current driving license/access to transport
- Willingness to work occasionally out of hours
- Flexibility in undertaking a range of duties in a small team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create high-quality reports and plans.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multitask and strong time management capabilities.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in electronic communications, desktop publishing, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Capable of building effective relationships and collaborating within a team.
- Demonstrated creativity and the ability to craft marketing messages and materials for diverse audiences.
- Understanding of SEO tactics.
- Self-motivated and capable of generating and implementing new ideas.
- Proven experience in planning and managing a variety of events, including media relations.
- Proficiency in graphic design software (e.g., Canva/Photoshop) and video editing for tailoring content to specific social media channels.
- Familiarity with the community and voluntary sector.
- This position offers a basic salary of £25,000
- 33 days holiday entitlement, including statutory days
- Company Pension Scheme (4% employer contribution)
*Closing date for applications for this role is Wednesday 4th October at 10AM . Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews, which will take place on Wednesday 11th October, and Thursday 12th October in-person at GLOW NI’s City Life Centre Offices.*
Please note: All applications will be processed upon there receipt and not after the job ad closing date therefore we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. If you are interested in the position, we strongly advise submitting your application as early as possible. If you would like to confirm the current application status prior to applying for the role please contact Happy Jobs NI directly at email@example.com or on 02890995808.
N.B. Glow NI is a female led organisation and work to provide support for women and young girls in the most deprived areas and to create life opportunities for them. Due to the nature of this role and the occupational requirement for the position this post is open to women only at this time*. (*Exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1)
Think that this Events and Marketing Officer role is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button or follow the apply link, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Events and Marketing Specialist, Marketing and Events Coordinator, Event Promotion Officer, Marketing Campaign Officer, Event Marketing Coordinator, Marketing and Event Planner, Event Marketing Coordinator, Marketing and Event Assistant, Brand and Event Officer, Marketing Engagement Officer, Marketing Executive, Social Media Executive, Digital Marketing Officer.