Are you a talented Wi-Fi & Network Engineer, or are you striving to be one?
Can you demonstrate that you have experience of working with common internet equipment (Modems, Routers, APS etc) including detailed configuration tasks?
If so then you could be perfect for our client.
In this Smart Building - Wi-Fi Engineer role you will be primarily responsible for designing and building Wi-Fi solutions for clients across the UK & Ireland.
Specific tasks include:
- Design and build solutions that make our customers buildings smarter
- Performing Wi-Fi surveys of potential Wi-Fi & Smart Energy Solutions
- Configuring, mounting and installation of network equipment including Wi-FI Access Points, modems, switches, routers, cabling, access controllers & cataloguers
- The installation of broadband connections (including DSL and FTTC splitters, wiring and modems)
- The testing, install & termination of CAT5/CAT6/fibre cabling
- Diagnosing faults both remotely and onsite
- Working with customers in both a pre-sale and build/maintain role to qualify fully their requirements & design and build a suitable commercial solution
- Monitoring and managing customer helpdesk tickets, finding quick and appropriate solutions to live problems
This is a field-based role covering Ireland and The UK, so if field-based work doesn't suit you please do not apply.
To be considered for the Smart Building - Wifi Engineer role you will need to possess direct experience of working with common internet equipment (modems, routers, APS etc) including detailed configuration tasks.
We also need you to have prior experience of:
- Trouble-shooting and testing CAT5/CAT6 patch cables
- VoIP, WAN & SD-WAN business models including greenfield solution designing and retrofit
- Managing and building ruckus and UniFi controllers
Additionally, it's crucial that you possess the following:
- A technical knowledge of ruckus & Aruba Wi-Fi equipment
- In-depth knowledge of UniFi product portfolio from a technical and use case point of view
- A customer-first approach with a drive to get the job done
- In-depth knowledge around using and debugging TCP/IP
- In-depth knowledge of DSL/FTTC/FTTP/leased line installation
Nice to have;
– Experience with Aruba Wi-Fi solutions
– Knowledge of Zigbee, LoRa WAN, Cellular & Sigfox technologies.
– Interest in Smart Building Technologies including BMS & HVAC.
– HVAC or BMS experience
– Experience with configuring and installing dataloggers..
– Significant knowledge of AWS & Cloud Hosting solutions and pricing models
– In-depth knowledge of VMWare, content filtering and enterprise-grade log in
We need you to be able to present a highly technical solution in a non-technical, customer-friendly manner.
Is that you? If so, send us your CV.
However, you must possess a full driving licence to be considered for this position, so please do not apply if you do not have one.
The basic salary for the Smart Building - Wi-Fi Engineer role is between €30,000 - €35,000 per annum depending on experience.
The business you'll be working for is an international smart building solutions company with a simple mission to make buildings smarter. They achieve this by constantly pushing the boundaries of software, wireless networking, IoT & energy solutions to make customer’s buildings smarter, greener and improve the user experience.
They're a company that people really enjoy working for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
- Get to work with industry-leading technology within the emerging smart building space
- Offer flexible working arrangements with the opportunity to work from home or anywhere when not on site
- Offer a highly competitive salary and exciting growth opportunities based on your experience
Think that this Smart Building - Wifi Engineer role is right for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Just click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Smart Building - Wi-Fi Engineer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Network Engineer, Wi-Fi Engineer, Smart Buildings Engineer or as a Telecoms Engineer.