HappyJobsNI are delighted to be working alongside a leading hotel based in County Antrim on the appointment of a self-motivated, passionate and driven Head of Sales and Events to join their team.
If you've got a background of successful business development in a hotel sales environment then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
Interested? Then read on...
Tell me more about the role...
Reporting to the General Manager and Group Directors, the successful candidate will lead and manage sales activities for the local, national and international markets with the main objective of the role to develop new opportunities for meeting, events and corporate transient business for the company.
What will I be tasked with?
- Creating and researching sales leads
- Completing telesales calls/cold calling potential customers
- Dealing with customer queries
- Providing show rounds of the hotel
- Organising and promoting a range of hotel events.
What experience do I need?
My client wants someone who's got a background in 2 years+ proactive sales experience in a target driven market.
They'll also need you to have a proven track record of successful business development in a hotel sales environment.
Plus, you'll need some experience of developing and managing strong relationships with clients.
In addition, it would be desirable to have the following:
- Actively in a Sales Manager or Business Development Manager role
- Experience in a Sales and Events capacity
- Strong understanding and knowledge of hotel systems and 3rd party sites
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook and Word
You'll also need to be the following:
- Self-motivated, passionate and driven about the role and the duties involved with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude, drive and ambition to succeed
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and presentation skills and have the ability to build strong rapport on the telephone
- High level of attention to detail and pride in their work
- Confidence in approaching new customers
- Willingness and ability to travel to establish and maintain client relationships, mainly within Ireland and UK
- Be well presented with excellent social skills and a passion for superb service
If you've got all of that, then you could be perfect for this Head of Sales and Events role and we'd love to see your CV.
What can I earn?
A competitive salary and professional senior benefits package is on offer for this role.
In addition, the role will also offer the following:
- Company mobile phone
- Flexible working hours
- 29 days holiday entitlement
- 20% discount off food across the Company Group
- A highly competitive bonus package
Think you've got what it takes?
If you think you're the perfect fit for this Head of Sales and Events role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Head of Sales and Events position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Head of Sales And Business, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager or as an Events Project Manager.