We're looking for a talented Cloud Technical Services Engineer to work for our client.
If you can demonstrate experience of advanced configuration, troubleshooting and resolution across enterprise platform technologies then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
In March 2021 our client was awarded a contract for the delivery of a cloud-managed service to run for a period of up to 5 years. Our client is currently in the implementation phase; building an MS Azure cloud solution. There will be a strong focus on delivering a proactive event management framework, self-service provisioning of compute and storage resources and automation/orchestration of activities where possible. To prepare for the migration of applications to the cloud environment and to establish the ongoing management service we are looking for an experienced managed service Technical Engineer at Level 2 or equivalent. You will be responsible for the handover of service from the deployment team ensuring a seamless transition to support, then establish and deliver a proactive hosting managed service, improving processes as the service matures. In addition to this, you will support the ongoing service migration project to the public cloud.
This role will initially be working from home, however, the successful candidate will need to be flexible to commute to our clients Belfast office when required.
In the job you'll be tasked with the following:
- Day to day management of the data centre and MS Azure environments including patching, backup management and proactive maintenance
- Capacity, availability and performance management for application environments
- Provisioning of VM and Azure environments
- Building out a comprehensive event management framework including alert automation and remediation
- Developing the service catalogue for hosting services e.g. Resource provisioning
- Identifying potential activities for orchestration and working with other teams to implement
- Population of knowledge base with run books, operational procedures and how-to’s
- Developing, supporting and mentoring other Team Members in technical and service operations best practice
The ideal candidate for this Cloud Technical Services Engineer role will have relevant experience in the advanced configuration, troubleshooting and resolution across enterprise platform technologies including:
- Private cloud – VMware, Commvault or equivalent compute and storage technologies. Cisco data centre networking. Fortinet network security
- Public cloud – Microsoft Azure including resource provisioning and management
- Microsoft expressroute
- Backup – Veeam. Azure backup
- Discovery, orchestration and event management
- Cloud management - cloud resource and service provisioning
- Service management – experience of working within change and release frameworks
In addition, it's essential that you possess the following:
- A qualification or certification in either Microsoft, Citrix, Hyper-V, Commvault or other relevant certifications
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good communication, organisation, and presentation skills
You'll also need to be able to demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Azure Engineer, Technical Services Engineer, Managed Services Engineer, Microsoft Services Engineer or as a Cloud Services Engineer.
An excellent salary is on offer for this Cloud Technical Services Engineer position.
You'll also receive private healthcare and training support.
Full details of the package on offer will be revealed once we receive your application.
The business you'll be working for is a global leader in delivering software, consultancy and it managed services and as a Gold Microsoft partner, they boast a strong track record with government and commercial companies across the world. The company has offices across the UK, Ireland, the Philippines and the USA and boast clients across over 20 countries worldwide.
Interested? If you think you're right for this Cloud Technical Services Engineer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.