Position: Workshop Technician
Location: Antrim, Northern Ireland
Employment Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Friday, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (Depending on Experience)
About Our Client
Our client, a respected leader in the construction and infrastructure sectors, has been serving the needs of contractors and surveyors throughout Northern Ireland, Ireland, and the UK since 2012. They are known for their comprehensive range of products tailored to the construction and infrastructure industries, with a special focus on survey equipment supplies. With expanding partnerships that provide end-to-end solutions for architects, engineers, and the entire construction community, our client continues to grow and innovate.
We are representing our client in their search for a Workshop Technician based in Antrim, conveniently located just 20 minutes from Belfast City Centre. This role is ideal for individuals with a background in electronics, instrumentation, or computer repairs. As a Workshop Technician, you will be responsible for the preventive maintenance, calibration, and repair of surveying equipment. This is an in-house position, and you will manage your own workshop, offering excellent career prospects within a dynamic organisation.
- Thoroughly clean equipment before conducting repairs and calibrations on a wide range of instruments.
- Perform conformity checks on the hire fleet equipment.
- Collaborate effectively with the sales and hire controller, customers, and accounts department.
- Strictly adhere to internal and external quality procedures.
- Prepare and submit quotations.
- Conduct daily team meetings and weekly catch-ups to update colleagues on your progress.
- Maintain strict compliance with data protection protocols.
- Provide invaluable technical support to the sales and support team and customers.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
To excel in this role, you should have:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- A qualification in electrical or electronic engineering.
- A clean driving licence.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in both team and independent settings.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities.
- Proficiency in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Our client is dedicated to providing comprehensive training, which includes in-house training at their office and hands-on field training with engineers and management. You will also receive training from the equipment manufacturer. Some travel may be required to ensure you meet our client's high standards of qualification.
- On-site parking.
- Early finish on Fridays.
- Access to a coffee machine and a kitchen in the office, creating a pleasant and relaxed lunch/break area.
You may be suitable for this role if you are currently working as one of the following: Electronics Technician, Instrumentation Specialist, Computer Repair Technician, or Calibration Technician.
How to Apply
If you are a seeking a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. To express your interest and learn more about this exciting opportunity, please submit your updated CV outlining your relevant experience and achievements either by applying online or sending your CV to email@example.com alternatively call our team on 028 9099 5808 and we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have on the position.